Saturday, May 5, 2018

School, life, and other things!

As many people know, we have been enjoying the Christian school this year!  As a teacher, I have been loving the hands on projects, the amazing opportunity to teach the kids, and of course, learning and applying new styles and methods of teaching for each student.  It has given me the opportunity to grow and mature in many areas, as well as see my children in a "typical" school environment.

This last month, Sam and Elijah BOTH won the reading contest at school, which earned them a gift card to Barnes and Noble.  They read 1,000 and 5,000 pages worth of books over the course of 4 weeks.  They worked so hard on this and I am very proud of their hard work and efforts!  They also participated in the school speech contest.  Even though neither of them placed, they both did a great job!!  They are building up their confidence of speaking in front of others, using good expression and strong speaking voices.  As the school year is quickly coming to a close, I am very thankful for the opportunity we have had to be in the school for this year.

Sam loves learning from life of Fred to and from school every day!  HIs dream is to be a great mathematician and artist.




Learning how caterpillars form into butterflies
Now, as many people also know, mine and my husbands health has been a big battle for us this year.  Due to my working full time and being out of the home, it put a tremendous stress on John's health, and mine as well.  Because of our health decline, and other factors, we are going back to homeschooling next year.  We are very excited to go back to being home as a family, and working one on one with our children again!  Even though we appreciated the private school this year, we discovered it was overall not a good fit for our family and our different challenges we face. 

I am looking forward to starting over again this summer/fall and go back to our many adventures as a family with school, home, and life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...