Sunday, January 2, 2022

Starting anew with 2022

 Looking back at last year I’m still floored at just how much changed this year.  I definitely needed Grace.  Here’s what I wrote last January:



“ This was SOOO hard because I've done Rooted, Grow, Content, and some others in the past.  I've always been focused on rooting in the Bible, growing in God, and being Content with what he provided.  After losing our daughter I learned that GRACE has been needed more than almost anything.   We needed it desperately after our loss, and in 2020 we watched an entire nation fall apart and need the same grief love and grace that we needed back in 2018.  I've learned that beyond all, Grace is needed.  When someone else is hurting, suffering loss, confused, losing jobs, health, normal life, Grace is needed. ”


So I’ve done:

1) Rooted

2) Growing

3) Content

4) Grace 


These have all grown in each other and I have needed them more and more than I even realized at the time 


I needed to be strongly rooted in Gods word before the worst tragedy of my life.  I needed to grow through Gods strength when my life fell apart.  I learned to be content though tragedy and loss.  I learned grace through incredible change and trials.


This year I’m working on SLOW 


I’ve said it before but I keep finding ways to be needed and help people which is great but after years of being there for people and learning and growing through Christ it’s time for us to slow down and refocus as a family 


I had no idea how this would happen and this year showed how quickly things change yet again   We had a plan to leave more than once and every door shut down on us.  I finally became truly content and settled with our home and my jobs and how we were when it all turned upside down again.  God has shut down every plan we had in Texas, and has diverted us away from all of our own efforts.  


We made big plans this year to stay and grow our school group which we have fell in love with!  We were given opportunity to start a homestead and build a house.  Due to the high inflation to our city all of our plans fell apart at thr last minute.  We had finally felt settled and it seemed our plans had fallen apart with no idea where to go forward.  Between Christmas and New Years we found doors flying open for us to move to Mississippi and start our farmstead and it has been a whirlwind of a door opening.  


I have truly learned not to rely on my own plans and enjoy the path God leads even when it means leaving all my comforts and friends.  


This year we are going slow, and starting a new focus on our family!! I cannot believe that all my needs are consistently met and we are getting what we need as a family to truly slow down and get the farm we have prayed for, for many years.


I pray you all have a fantastic year in 2022 and I cannot wait to see what God brings for our family. 


Starting day one in a new state, new start, new life! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...