Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's 2018!

Happy New Years!

As most people know, I do not do New Years Resolutions, but a couple years ago I started something that has greatly helped me personally.  Making a goal "word" for the year that I am constantly working towards, which gives me a long term area I need to grow in and improve!

My first time it was "Rooted" and making sure I was grounded firmly in my life, family, and Bible.  Last year was "Balance," and even though I have struggled towards the end of this year with that, overall it is a goal for me to maintain a healthy life balance.  This year I am working towards "Strong."  Not physically strong, but mentally, and emotionally strong.  Strong as a Christian, strong as a mom, strong in my career, etc. 

This last year had SO many changes to our family!  We started off homeschooling, and ended up starting at a small private school.  John's health went from much improved, to crashing.  My mental and physical health has been struggling with new challenges, that I am working to improve upon.  Our children, especially Elijah, had some health challenges that we are learning to work through. 

BUT, even though life changed drastically, and at times I felt a little bit like falling apart I was reminded of some great things:

1) I stayed faithful in my Bible reading this year!!  (for the first time EVER without slacking).  I know to some this is nothing, but for me it was huge, and I'm so thankful for Heidi St. John scripture encouragement plan.

2) My little girl is healthy and growing!  We celebrated Mira's 1st birthday this year, and it reminded me of how much of a Miracle she really is, and I try hard not to take for granted that I have my sweet rainbow baby girl.

3) Ministry grew!  As a family we were able to plug into our Christian school and see it be amazing!!  We struggled as a family to keep our balance, but we are learning to follow God and let Him show us how to balance and improve our family.

4) Friends strengthened!  At the beginning of this year I struggled with maintaining some friendships (which is a life long struggle for me), but God allowed my good Christian friends to be there to encourage me and help me.  I am so very thankful for my church family and my friends I have got from there.

5) Family trip!  To end the year, and celebrate me turning 30, we were able to spend time as a family and go to the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum!  We had a lot of good memories made and had fun adventures caving and exploring before and after.

We ended the New Year's Eve by having a full day in church and spending it with family and friends.

I am very thankful for all the good and bad that God has brought to us this year and looking forward to how much more he has plans for us this New Year in 2018.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...