Thursday, March 8, 2018

Spring Break!























We were SO excited for Spring Break!!  I had a list of daily adventures, and we were going to have the most packed out fun week ever.  However, life happened.... and I'm learning that's just how it goes.


Normally we go to Galveston and do a week at the beach.  This was never my "official" plan, but every year it's ended up being our Spring Break the last several years.  This year, however, we are in the process of selling our house, and packing, and craziness, so we decided to stay local.  Plan was for a fun day in Dallas, then do local adventures all week long.

Good news is we DID get that fun day in Dallas, and the boys got to go fishing at our new pond, and we did a lot of packing and cleaning... the bad news was we all got a stomach bug for three days which kept us home bound and we missed out on a lot.  I'm very tired of health crashes this year, but I'm learning to accept and work around it.  Instead of being down about missing out three fun planned days, I'm accepting we got to rest as a family, and at least we didn't miss any school from our illness!!






Even though Spring Break didn't go as planned, we had a fun day (right before the sickness) doing Legoland, Aquarium, and the kids right before that got to find a new fishing pond on our future property.  The kids thought it was amazing we got to catch fish, and knowing they have a pond within a five minute walk of our new house location is great!  They are going to grow up with many memories at their new fishing hole.  Spending a day building legos, going on rides, seeing amazing aquarium fish was also fun!  New adventures, including carousel rides, days with grandparents, and more.  I'm very thankful for these great memories we make with our kids.  I get down as a mom that I can't do "everything" I had planned, but kids don't need "everything", they just need the love and good memories that we can do as a family.  I get frustrated with my health, but our kids don't know that.  A gentle reminder that even when we, as parents, don't feel like enough, our kids think we are super stars!  Enjoy the fun times, and don't get down those week we all get sick and house bound.







Another good news is we got an offer on our house and contracted!!  This put us into some hard core packing, planning, and preparing for our transition the next few months, while we wait for our house to finish building.  This next few months is going to be an interesting journey through our next chapter, as we say goodbye to our amazing home, and work on building a better one! 

Lots of changes with health, life, and everything!  I can't wait to see where this next step takes us.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...