Thursday, June 15, 2017

Ten years later.



Looking back, ten years ago I graduated high school.  That part of my life had lots of ups, down, and in the middles, but one thing I do remember was writing about "What do I want to be in ten years?"

In high school between health, homeschooling, private schooling, and lots of other things, my life was constantly changing!  I had grand ideas, and BIG plans, and a very detailed way of how to get there.  At the time, ten years away felt forever away, and now I can't believe just how quickly it came!!

Now, it's already ten years later!!!  Wow!

In high school where I saw myself in ten years was:
1) Career military (preferably officer)
2) Homeschooling mom (as a second choice)
3) Happily married with up to 4 kids
4) Serving in church ministry
5) Raising my children for Christ.

Now, that is the short of it.  There was a lot of details in the middle of how I would accomplish this, and things like that.  Throughout the last ten years there have been times where I honestly did not see any of this coming true.  I saw the extreme problems and trials I was in, but through it all God has blessed us and ended up fulfilling everything I had wanted!

I did end up briefly in the military.  I did end up in college.  I did end up a homeschooling mom!  I am happily married, with my four children and serving in ministry, raising them for Christ!!  All of my major "what I wanted" did come true.

I want to encourage and remind everyone that even when you look around and don't see how it can possibly work out, trust that God has a plan, and when you put your faith in him, he will end up giving you what you want and more!  It may not happen HOW you want it to, but the end it can still happen.  I could go all day on the situations I was in and how I saw no way out, but every single time, God ended up taking care of it in ways I never could imagine!

I can't wait to see where God puts us in the next ten years, and to see how our family grows and changes even more!!

Here is my graduation speech from ten years ago: check it out here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...