Friday, February 1, 2019

My Mom Tribe, I thank you!



I'm not a huge fan of the "mom tribe" idea, but in all reality, yes, I do have one and I am thankful for them.

Sometimes my "tribe" is the moms I meet with at the park, sometimes it's my BEST friend doing a coffee date with me, and sometimes it's texts of encouragement because we all have busy lives and kids and can't always meet up.  I am so thankful for the variety of my "mom tribe" because in reality, we all need that encouragement and uplifting we get.

For me the mom tribe is how I keep my sanity on the long days.





My husband is my best friend, but as a man cannot understand why I get stressed out with laundry, or why my youngest has backwards shoes all the time, or why I am crying over burnt toast when I have a fresh loaf of bread.

Moms, you get me.

I'm not talking the high drama, make you feel worse moms.  I'm talking about the loving, accepting, and "Yes, I've been there too" moms.  I'm talking about the friend who hands you tissues when you cry over a missing sock and helps you fold laundry.  I'm talking about the friend who is there at the hospital during the rough times, and loves you through the crazy.



Sometimes my "tribe" isn't even the people I see day to day.

Sometimes it's the praying moms.  The moms who love me from a distance and pray for me and encourage me even though they can't be here to hug me.

Sometimes it's not even the "MOMS" at all!  Sometimes it's just the sweet ladies who are there for each other.

I'm thankful for you all.

Thank you for being there during the good and bad times.  Thank you for loving me through depression and grief and silliness.  Thank you for not judging me when my kids are different than yours. 

We all need love and grace from each other.  As moms, we get that a little easier than others.

Be that mom for someone else and say Thank You to those who are there for you!!


Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...