Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Happy Birthday In Heaven sweet Angel








Happy Birthday in Heaven sweet angel.  Two years ago we were blessed with our perfect miracle girl.  Many already know how she was our rainbow baby after her twin brothers passed away.  I prayed 20 years for a girl, so having her was an incredible blessing!











Losing Mira early is heartbreaking, but I"m every day thankful and blessed that we Cherished the time we had with her every day.  Sitting for three days in a hospital knowing she could never come back.  Giving her the last kiss, the last bath, the last of everything. 



It's hard on her birthday to sit and realize that she should be two.  She should be talking, bugging her brothers, getting a princess doll set, and having all the fun a two year old girl has.  She loved to do makeup, wear tiaras, and wrestle her big brothers. 

There is no poem or story or anything that can put into words what a mother feels when her precious child is gone too soon.   I'm glad that our lives were truly changed and became better because of Mira Grace.  She taught us how to be more compassionate and kind.  She taught her brothers how to be more gentle.  She taught her daddy how to snuggle all night and be more patient.  She forever changed the dynamics of our home and brought joy to so many people around her. 

You  never think that dinner will be the last time you see your child.  You never think that bedtime story was the last one you'll ever read to her.  Live every day and every moment as if that will be the last one. 

Her bedroom is forever in my mind as her perfect princess room with everything a girl could ever want.  It was sweet and simple just like her.

If your child was gone tomorrow, what regrets would you have?  We are never guaranteed tomorrow, so live and love every day.  Even the bad days, still see the good and the light in everything.  I could go on all day about grief and love and missing our baby girl.  Instead I choose to take her birthday today and be thankful for the light and love she added to our family in her short time with us.  I'm thankful to have had my baby girl for a short time than never to have had her at all.

I will lend you, for a little time,
A child of mine, he said.
For you to love the while she lives,
And mourn for when she’s dead.


It may be six or seven years,
Or twenty-two or three.
But will you, till I call her back,
Take care of her for Me?


She’ll bring her charms to gladden you,
And should her stay be brief.
You’ll have her lovely memories,
As solace for your grief.


I cannot promise she will stay,
Since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught down there,
I want this child to learn.




I’ve looked the wide world over,
In search for teachers true.
And from the throngs that crowd life’s lanes
I have selected you.




Now will you give her all your love,
Nor think the labour vain.
Nor hate me when I come
To take her home again?


I fancied that I heard them say,
‘Dear Lord, Thy will be done!’
For all the joys Thy child shall bring,
The risk of grief we’ll run.


We’ll shelter her with tenderness,
We’ll love her while we may,
And for happiness we’ve known,
Forever grateful stay.


But should the angels call for her,
Much sooner than we planned.
We’ll brave the bitter grief that comes,
And try to understand.


by Edgar Guest




It's never time to say goodbye no matter the age.  It's never easy to explain to a brother why they can't have sister anymore.  But at the end of it all, we were blessed with an amazing girl and she is safe in the arms of Jesus.  Her life was short, but now her eternity is far more blessed than I could imagine.

So Cherish every Moment.  Love your children and be the best mom God has for you.  At the end of the day, live with no regrets, because tomorrow is not promised.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...