Friday, March 8, 2019

Music Love, Teaching, and Learning. BEST job ever!!

I've had lots of jobs.. Lots.  Bookstore, Clothing Stores, Army, CNA, etc, etc, etc.

Outside of being a mom (and a homeschool mom) I LOVE being a music teacher!!

I've been a "real" teacher, and I've learned a LOT about why I love teaching music.

Music teaching brings out a love and energy from kids you don't get anywhere else.  It teaches kids to work consistently for something and that they CAN do it!




I could go all day and tell you how music can improve their memory, help with concentration, improves their academics, creates self discipline, etc.  BUT nothing I say can show you what I see in the studio and homes of my students.



I see confidence build.  I see kids get excited over their success and achievements.  I see kids find the joy and spark in what they are learning.

Being a music teacher is one of the greatest things I can do.  It's not about my ability to perform music, but I am grateful for the fact I get to help encourage and nourish the creativity in children.  I'm not going to find the next Mozart, but I can teach a shy girl that she can be successful.  I can help an autistic child express their emotions.  I can help an ADHD child focus and concentrate in an area they can succeed in.  I see the toddlers burst with energy!

There is so much that music does.  Music is the heartbeat of life.  Music connects people across languages, cultures, and ability.  I am forever thankful that I get to share my passion and joy with others.  It's my small way of adding a little bit of color and happiness to other people's lives.

There is no greater joy than to see my children serving God.  But teaching music and creating that joy comes a pretty close second.

Music is how I am able to serve in ministry, it's how my husband and I are able to work together.  Music is how I deal with depression.  Music is how I express my extreme happiness!



Thank you to those that let me share my joy with you and your families.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...