Friday, January 3, 2020

New Years 2020!



So going back.. I've done ROOTED in Christ, BALANCE in life, MINIMAL in all...

It's been a interesting year.  In some ways the hardest, in some ways it was amazing.

Did I succeed with Minimal?  Looking back some would say no.  I built up my music studio to the biggest it's ever been, I was working mostly full time, while homeschooling, while doing college.  But in other ways.. I did Minimize.  I minimized the drama, I minimized the people who don't invest in my life, I minimized my home.  So I guess it helped, even if I didn't get there like I planned.

This year, my word is CONTENT.   I realize that I am constantly comparing, obsessing, and trying to get to the "next thing".  My goal for this year is to learn to be content in the phase I'm in.  At times, this is painfully hard.

Losing 5 children in four years has made life hard.  It makes me constantly look at the "could have beens" and "am I doing enough now?" moments.  My goal is to embrace where I am now.  Embrace the kids I still have.  Don't worry about being more, but embrace the mama, wife, and person that I am now.

This year I see how we minimized the busy-ness of school by going back to homeschooling.  We slowed down a lot so we could see our kids more.  I moved my music studio to our home which enabled me to be there for my family more.  John and i traveled to California and had an amazing time.  Our kids got to see the Grand Canyon, and many other things this year.  We minimized the petty things to embrace the big things! 

This last year we did some incredible adventures and traveling.  I'm graduating with my bachelors this May.  We are moving cross country for a fresh start. 

I cannot wait to see what this next year holds.  I'm so thankful for the true friends that stayed through the hard times, and I'm excited to see how God changes our family and grows us together as we reset.

Here's a small glance at a couple highlights from this last year.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...