Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Quarantine adventures 2020

Now that we have been shelter in place for a couple weeks we are finally falling into a good rhythm.  Our kids are adjusting to a slower life and not quite as upset over no parks, museums, zoos, and play dates.   We have been finding a new love of bike riding, board games, science experiments, and are finally doing all the things I had been too busy to do

I used to do our homeschool and make it epic!!  We did adventures, projects, and lots of hands on fun for several years.  After our daughter died my brain went to mush.  I went into survival mode.  We did school but just the essentials.  I had quit doing the fun and the family time the same.  I went into survival mode.  

We got to the point I could travel and start to have adventures slowly but I was definitely throwing myself into my work.  I’ve loved my job and my business but I knew that I was not giving my kids the 100% mama they had been used to.   This year I decided we needed to slow down.   I downsized my business, refocused into a new life, and started putting my focus back into our homeschool.   Little did I know the whole world would shut down and force me to really put this into action


I’m definitely missing friends and activities, but I’m thankful for the time to spend with my boys.  We spend 2-3 hours a day playing and walking and biking together.  We are star gazing and fort building and movie watching together.  We are creating great memories.  Even through my mental exhaustion I’m glad that this quarantine is allowing me the much needed reset I didn’t know how to give myself.


Down below are a handful of pictures from our relaxed and slowed down few weeks. ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...