Saturday, December 31, 2022

New years Eve 2022


​I notice that I rarely put my drama on social media.  That being said, with every New Year’s Eve I look back and reflect on my incredible blessings and look forward to a new set of leaning into God and what He has for us.   I often was doing a word of the year and this last year turned us upside down in so many ways but also have us some of our greatest peace and blessings to date. 


Instead of a word this year I’m focusing on a Bible verse that I want to follow and meditate on.  I’ve been encouraged to see how every year God has used my word of focus to bring me closer and grow me in new areas.  


Through all the things we have been through this year I have seen that when we follow God and trust Him then he gives blessings way beyond what I imagined. 


Psalm 37:1-5

Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.



This year, I started off with a move out of state I was not planning.  Although I wanted it to work out desperately and to heal the marriage I was in, it ended up being catastrophic on my mental and physical health which resulted in a final divorce agreement which was a long time coming.  

The kids and I moved back to Texas with no idea how we would work things through or what to expect.  We were amazingly blessed with family and friends who helped and supported us through the hard times.  

The week my divorce finalized God brought into my life the most phenomenal Christian man who despite all my ideas of what he would be like ended up being everything I had prayed for. 


I had numerous other blessings which ended up creating financial stability with my income, my ability to buy my own car and house in my own name, and ended the year getting married to this amazing man. 


I had so many ideas at the beginning of last year of how it would turn out and never would I have imagined some of the heartache we went through, but also received the most amazing stability and blessings. 


Throughout all of this year (and the last several) I prayed and followed God, studied bible, and did my best to keep my kids around biblically minded churches and fellowship.  


When you follow God even through the trials the blessings show through  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...