Wednesday, February 12, 2020

I went.. SKYDIVING!

I always think of the song "I went Skydiving, I went, rocky mountain climbing,"  but in reality, yes, I do want to always live a life that I lived to the fullest!

Skydiving has been on my list for a WHILE, but every time I went to do it, life seemed to get in the way. My friend and brother were in town, so with John we did a small grown-up getaway and had fun. 

We went to San Antonio, saw the Christmas lights, the River-walk, saw the Nutcracker show, and of COURSE ate at Tower of Americas!  This was all a fun kick off to just enjoy some kid-free time and enjoy adult conversations and weekend.

We decided to take our Northern friend to the beach in Corpus Christi.  Fortunately, there was ALSO a Skydiving place there!  So, not only did I get to go Skydiving, I got to do it with Ocean Views and do it with my friend and my brother!! 

Sometimes life feel overwhelming and hard, but a weekend away makes a huge difference.  Getting time with my husband, getting girl time with my friend, and getting to bond with my brother were all relaxing and well needed getaways.

I'll never get tired of the soothing waves of the Oceans, and I'll definitely want to add Skydiving on my list of amazing things to definitely do again!

Was I nervous?? Oh yes. I was so nervous watching the "how to skydive" videos more than actually doing it.  Once we got in the plane, the views were so spectacular and pretty it felt unreal.  I thought I would be terrified when they opened the doors to jump, but honestly I felt weirdly calm.  It was a very unreal feeling just floating through the air (at 140 mph), and seeing everything so far away!  But, before I got the sensation of "falling to my death" the parachute deployed and we spent five minutes slowly gliding down taking in some incredible views!

Getting back home and relaxing and enjoying Christmas with everyone was great!

Matching Pj's, board games, and just a quiet settled down Holiday break.

I'm so thankful for the refreshing time away we got, and I'm SO glad I finally got to check Skydiving off my bucket







list!

Now, onto more grand adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...