Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Encouragement through the heartbreak



I started working through a devotion book about Seeing Beautiful Again by Lysa Terkhurst.  With all of the loss and chaos and upheaval of my life it’s been easy to feel bitter or upset or depressed.  This book has been amazing for me because it daily refocuses me on Bible through the hurt and loss and seeing how God really does use our mess and brokenness to make something beautiful again.   


This week is coming up on Mira’s birthday.  August is always a harder month for me but even more so after everything we have been through this year.  Seeing her not start school with her brothers, trying to imagine what she’d look like now, and seeing the constant missing piece of our family as Zeke struggles to not have his sister.   


These verses today spoke so much comfort to me through my devotion and an amazing reminder that despite all the loss and emptiness God still has beauty for my life.  


What am I seeking daily?  God needs to be my affection. Am I daily worshipping God and keeping that my mindset?  My mind needs to keeps its attention on God and make that my focus. Keep my eyes focused on Godly things and goals and not the temporary things of the world around me.  I need to be spending my time seeking and focusing on God.  At the end of the day I can stand firm on my choices because I am seeking and following God first! 


James 4:8

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.


Jeremiah 29:13

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.


Psalm 29:2

Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.


Colossians 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.


Psalm 16:7-8

I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.


Philippians 3:13-14

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


Ephesians 6:13

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.


This pain and heartbreak will not be the end of my story.   At the end God has a plan and a purpose and makes things beautiful again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...