Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Finding the small blessings





This week we got the amazing blessing to get away with friends and relax at the beach.   Doing this small getaway reminded me of so many small things that add up to big blessings. 


I had a dear friend buy me a cake and a new necklace for Mira’s birthday.   The thoughtfulness and kindness and willingness to remember my daughter meant the world to me.  


Watching my fiancé spend hours at the ocean with my boys and loving them and working with them like his own kids is incredible to me. 


Watching the most amazing red sunset that lit up the sky reminds me of the incredible art and glory of a God who shows up and comforts during the hard days 



So many times people think they need to do the big bold and giant things.  Instead, so many just need the small reminders, the gentle hugs, the acts of kindness, and show up when someone hurts.  It doesn’t take a show of grandeur just small gestures of love and grace. 


Thankful for the people who love me and my boys through our messy days and trying times.  Thankful for friends who don’t judge and who embrace us for ourselves.   


Thankful and blessed.  Looking forward to a wonderful upcoming season of life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...