Monday, August 22, 2022

Proverbs 31



I read something today that gave me a huge new perspective:


Proverbs 31:30

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.


1) YOU are a woman worth celebrating 


2) Wisdom is a gift from God and a process of learning who God is 


3) Our stories and struggles do not disqualify us. 


Proverbs 2:1-5

My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.



So much of my life as I look back I see the mess.  I see the teenage girl who was never good enough and didn’t fit in. I see the 20 year old girl who made poor choices and ended up with the wrong guys many times.  I see the 25 year old who felt worthless through how hard she was trying to manage kids and a sick husband.  I see the 30 year old going through intense losses and feeling like her world was crumbling.  


When I read Proverbs 31 I was constantly comparing myself to a woman I never felt I could attain to.  It was a list of things I never was good enough for and others in my life constantly reminded me that I was never enough.


Today as I saw this perspective it was life changing. Proverbs 31 was written as a celebration of women and a woman who was God focused first.  It wasn’t to tear her down and remind her of how worthless she felt by comparison, it was a way to show women how incredible they were! 


Throughout the insanity and trauma and struggles of my life the constant is at the end of the day I seek God.  I want His will and His way for my life.  I may not look like other girls and many will never see the day to day of ways I follow God.  Many will judge and decide I am never good enough or spiritual enough.  


At the end of the day I am a woman and a mom who makes mistakes and may not always measure up but when I follow God and his will for my direction in life I am enough.  I am in a life long process of learning God and following wisdom and grace and guidance for my life.  As I grow older and continue to put God first, Proverbs 31 becomes a celebration of life not a checklist. 


My struggles may make others see me as not enough or as damaged goods, but God sees the grace and glory and love through it all. 



https://youtu.be/Cf-JsNVcNLc


At the end of the day God sees me and sees me as redeemed. I will always and forever be thankful that I can be seen through God and not just through my damage 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...