Monday, December 31, 2018

New Years 2019!



Looking back on last year's "New Year" post, I see just how life isn't even recognizable anymore.

Instead of resolutions, I do a word of the year to help me focus.  The first time was ROOTED in the Bible, family, and faith.  Last year was BALANCE.  I worked on friendships, and maintaining healthy boundaries and balance in life.  Even with the death of our daughter, and losing our new baby, and so many other things, we have strived to maintain a balance as a family and keep life healthy.

This year I am working on MINIMAL.  I've realized this last year that I tend to do things all or nothing.  This is good in some areas, but it also made me overextend myself (part of that balance I was working on), but I also end up wasting a lot.

As I strive to keep my home decluttered and more minimal down to what we need verses a lot of junk, I realized I also need to do that for my health and my mind.

Minimize the drama, minimize the negative, minimize the things that are wasting my energy and not improving it.

Although this year was insanely hard, there was still many good factors of it.

1) We went back to homeschooling and focused on our boys and our family! 

This was a much needed blessing that our family needed, and it helped heal and grow our family this year



2) Got a job I LOVED!!

This year my music job has been a huge improvement and impact for my health, my mind, and it has freshened my love of music.  I have many new students, a great studio, and am constantly expanding my opportunities!

3) We did the road trip of a lifetime!

We did our EPIC National Parks/Disneyland trip which our family desperately needed.  It got us away to reset and restart as a family.  I also checked so many things off my bucket list with that trip, it was a decade in the planning for me!

4) New starts, new friends

We made a new church home which has been a blessing for us, we have met and made many new friends with homeschooling, church, and work!  I'm thankful for the opportunities we have had this year.  As a family we also have been doing family devotions more and growing spiritually as a family!  This is a huge blessing for us as we learn to grow and heal together.

Although we still grieve and mourn for the losses of this year, I don't want to forget the good that we had as well.

I am going to get back into my own Bible reading again (I have been desperately slacking), working on my degree, growing my makeup business, and taking care of me and my family!

I pray that all of you have a blessed and amazing New Year.  New Goals, new challenges, and new growth waiting to happen!

I have no idea what this next year holds, but I know that God will get us through it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...