Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Fitness and Family! Set the Example



If someone asked me "do you like to work out?" I would laugh.  I truly hate working out!  It's so much easier to just watch Netflix, Disney Jr with kids, take it easy!  As a homeschool mom, I don't even have to get the kids out of the house to do school....laziness is easy to kick into gear for me.

You know those awesome goals I started?  Yeah, well Fitness is a HUGE one for me!!  I struggle with keeping in shape.  The day I left the Army I promised myself to NEVER work out again.  I despise it.  Well, as my kids grow older, what kind of example do I want to set for them?  I don't want my kids watching 5 hours of television, so why would I do that?  I don't want my children playing on videogames all day, so why would I?  I do not want my children to ever use laziness as a reason to not accomplish greatness in their life!!

1) Zeal!

Zeal is the amazing nutrition drink that gets me going every morning!!  I had to use it for a couple of months before I noticed a big difference.  My body had so much junk to cleanse out, but once it did, WOW, what a difference it made!  It took me some time and life style changes of eating healthier as a family, but Zeal kept my sugar cravings down, energy up, and the kids too.

No more worrying about if my kids have all their nutrition and all those tummy problems my kids struggled with... gone now!  All those attention issues?? Gone!  Yeah, Zeal made a difference for us!

Once my nutrition was up... next step going to happen!

2) Working out!

I do not like to work out.  I also suffer from some bad hip issues so I am unable to run consistently, or do anything impact and stressful.  I would see those friends run 5K, 10K, marathons, triathalons, and I would say "wow, I could never do that."  Pity parties are done now!  Can't is NOT a word I am going to let myself use anymore.

Camp Gladiator (CG) is a big step for me!  A group of other moms and people that keep me accountable!  Those days I don't want to work out, and just sit in my PJ's... not happening now!  I love that it's the most uplifting, energetic, encouraging group to work with.  Every single person is at a different fitness level, age, background, but we do have one thing in common:  We want to see a difference in our health!!

Fitbit!  Ok, so "everybody" has one now.  So my husband got me one for Christmas so I could be one of the cool kids!  Ha ha.  One great feature on the Fitbit is that I set myself a personal goal.  When I want to just sit and watch TV, there goes my Fitbit reminding me that I need to keep myself accountable.  It also lets my friends and I challenge each other!!  This week we had a good group going, and we push each other to do better, but from the comforts of wherever we are.  We don't have to take time to rush away from family in order to keep accountable, we do it all day long and keep each other motivated!



3) Kids.  My children now see these changes, and they want to be accomplishing things too!  The two older children now do sports, horse lessons, and constantly try to "outrun" me with my challenges.

Set the example and BE the example you want your children to follow!!
I don't want my daughter to look back and see a lazy mom who struggled with bipolar, chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, and excuses.  I want my daughter to see a mom who kept going, kept positive, and became the best ME I can be!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...