Saturday, January 21, 2017

Tye Dye Day!!

This last summer we started these weekly "Home school meetups" for the sake of sanity! (mostly for us moms) and it has become quite the event now!


What started off as two moms desperately needing another mom friend ended up this epic adventure!  We decided to try to do a weekly activity that's fun for kids (ages 2-8) that takes an hour or less so us moms can talk while the kids do something fun.  They get to play with their friends, moms get a "break" (kinda) and all is well with our sanity.

This week was Tye Dye day!  Now, I was doing educational activities ALL year, but now I'm opting for semi-educational and lots of fun!!!  Because, face it, we "educate" all the time and everyone needs fun in their lives.

Tye Dye day is in short, kids making patterns by tying their shirts, and adding LOTS of fun colors and dye to create their masterpieces. 


This is my first time dying shirts since elementary, so my memory is not great.  All in all we had a great time working with colors, dying everything (so glad it was nice enough to be outdoors), and creating a fun shirt that will remind us of the great memories we made with our friends that day.

All in all I love these sweet days and reminders of just how important it is to have those breaks!  I'm so thankful for our friends that started off just another person, and now we have a whole group that has bonded and become close!

Here's some of the pictures of our fun! ( I apologize, I am not good at adding pictures yet so they are a little crazy)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard things are a blessing

​I have been through a lot of hard things.  There are days I feel overwhelmed and want to cry and feel discouraged at why have I had to go t...